Grief & Loss Counselling
Learning to grow through the pain
MSW, RSW, RCC, Advanced Certified Grief Recovery Specialist
Grief, or conflicting emotions, can result from losing a loved one, losing a pet, changing careers, moving to a different city/country, getting married, having a child, losing a child… the list goes on. There are about 40+ common life events that involve loss, and then there are intangible losses — losing a sense of safety, losing trust, losing faith, or losing hopes, dreams, and expectations.
I started Sun & Clouds Counselling after completing my graduate education at UBCO and receiving advanced training at the Grief Recovery Institute. Prior to that, I worked with individuals of all ages who had neurodevelopmental disabilities, disorders, and/or mental health challenges – most commonly Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, and Anxiety – in their academic and vocational pursuits.
Now, I work with people who:
- have a suspected, recent, or late diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or ADHD
- have a partner and/or a child who has Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or ADHD
- are grieving for various reasons (e.g., life change, chronic illness or disease, loss of a loved one)
- want to become more comfortable with their uncomfortable emotions
Aside from grief, loss, neurodiversity, and mental health, my other areas of focus include shame and guilt, attachment, and family dynamics. My approach is collaborative, warm, client-centered, and truth-centered.
What you can expect from our time together:
- space to share your story, your pain, and your loss(es) as I listen and learn how I can help
- time to acknowledge pain and loss while discovering ways of moving through grief
- tools to help you process and see your experiences, losses, and relationships in a new way
- support to find hope, purpose, meaning, and joy in life again
Complementary Consultation (15 minutes)
Consultations can be in-person, over the phone, or virtual to address any questions/concerns you may have about the services provided.
Individual Counselling Sessions (60 minutes) — $150 + GST
Sessions can be in-person or virtual for adults as well as adolescents.
Grief-Focused Couples Counselling Sessions (75 minutes) — $185 + GST
Sessions can be in-person or virtual for couples grieving together.
Accepted Methods of Payment
For virtual sessions, e-transfer is the only accepted method of payment. If in-person, there is also the option of using debit/credit card. Please check with your insurance provider as I do not offer direct billing; Registered Social Workers (RSWs) and Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCCs) are covered under many health benefit plans.
I am currently accepting new clients — individuals and couples.
To get in touch, you can call me at 250-808-9424 or fill out the form below: